Thursday 3 October 2013

The "terrible twos"; unleashed in Berlin.

So, life is good.

Berlin is fabulous, having got to browse vintage shops and eat incredible coffee cake only this afternoon.

Incredible Coffee Cake


We are totally like all the other hipsters at the cafe!
                    
Vintage shopping in the funky Kreuzkolln district

This morning we did some sightseeing! Adventure!

My hotel has soft, white towels and a big fluffy duvet.

And tomorrow is a totally free day!  I can chose whatever I want to do! Vintage shops and funky cafes, the Bauhaus Archive, or the DDR Museum ... all in glorious sunshine and blue skies.

But then, it all depends on how you look at things;

Today, Henry and I went to the vintage shops and he practically ripped the clothes of the walls - he stole all the cake (I hadn't eaten lunch so was starving - I had tried to do the right thing by waiting for him to wake up after his nap, and didn't want to order room service. I sat in the hotel room for three hours. In silence, while he slept.
This is not the first time I've done this in the last two years. It certainly takes the shine off fancy hotels. By 4pm it was too late for lunch, and after-all, we are on holidays, and it's a no running week. So I went crazy and ordered an unidentified piece of cake.) Obviously, after the coffee cake he went mental.

This morning, we went to the Topography of Terror and Checkpoint Charlie (my first degree is in history - I'm interested in these kind of things!), but try telling a toddler to use his "inside voice" in what was basically a war memorial. He wanted to dance. And it was one of those beautiful museums with high ceilings and glass that just echoes......

The only two-year-old Australian I know that was born in China and has been to the Berlin Wall

The view from the Topography of Terror

Checkpoint Charlie; Henry refused to pose. 

Did I mention that we are in a foreign city where I don't speak the language?

So while life is good, it was also quite a stressful day. It's amazing seeing so many great places though travelling with a toddler is certainly not easy.

Talking to daddy; the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!




















No comments:

Post a Comment