Thursday 24 October 2013

Vegan before 6... diet update

Last week Lachlan and I started a new diet - Vegan before 6pm. I thought I would give you an update.

So far, I do feel like I've lost a little weight. I'm certainly less bloated anyway. However, as far as my energy levels go, I feel like it's too early to tell. I've been running less than usual, and last week I was both jet-lagged and had the flu, and so it's difficult to say whether my low energy last week, or more energy this week is in anyway related to the diet.
Mmmmm.... tofu
At first, I found the diet easy to follow. I eat a lot of vegetables anyway, and so I didn't have to make too many changes. I even managed to drink my coffee black and unsweetened.
Vegan chilli... delicious!
However, by the weekend, I was craving meat and booze. On Friday night I tucked into steak and red wine. I fell off the wagon on Saturday, with a delicious, and HUGE Dim Sum lunch. On Sunday, I went the whole hog, and had McDonalds - very unlike me! I'm wondering if it's just because I'm getting used to the program, or whether my body is craving nutrients?

I have tried some crazy recipes though - crazy in the sense that they involve tofu as a substitute for normal ingredients, like milk. I've never been one to follow fads, and am not a patchouli scented earth-mother, so this goes a little against the grain for me.

I do have to admit though, a tofu smoothie goes down a treat. It's a lot better than it sounds, and even Henry will drink it! Lachlan was less keen on the chocolate tofu desert. To be fair, it was a little weird!

There's nothing like a tofu smoothie after a hard run!
My good helper 

Neither of us could taste the difference.
Chocolate tofu desert... a little weird.

1 comment:

  1. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.
    stress relieving

    ReplyDelete