Sunday 13 October 2013

What an amazing weekend!

What an amazing weekend!

Firstly, the Ironman World Championships this weekend in Kona. Some highlights;

  • Miranda Carfree ran a 2.50 marathon off the bike, to win the women overall! Wow! So fast!!!
  • Luke McKenzie, who I had the privilege of meeting a few years ago at Ironman Malaysia came 2nd overall. WOW! AMAZING!!! So many people will be so proud and deservedly so. I'm totally inspired!
In Australia, Melbourne Marathon is on. I know a few people running today, and I can't wait to hear how they went. Including,

  • Running friends from Hong Kong, including Hopper, JoeJoe Catherine and Eric in the full. Go!!!
  • My brother Edward and his girlfriend Sunny in the 10km event.
  • My good friend Alice who has a very young baby has run an amazing p.b. in the 10km. Congratulations! You rock! 
  • My good friend Lucie's dad representing Woolgoolga Athletics Club in the 1/2 marathon. Wow!
Ed and Sunny! Great work guys!!

And tomorrow my little sister, Alice starts her HSC exams. Good luck lil' sis! You will smash it!!!

Baby Alice, with Edward, me, and Martin 
High school! year 7 and year 12. Wow!

Alice visiting us in Shanghai earlier this year, here we are on a trip to Harbin Ice festival.

Wearing the Jacket she made for her HSC textiles major project.








No comments:

Post a Comment