Sunday 6 April 2014

Big Day Out!

On Friday, Henry and I had an awesome adventure day. Seriously, it was like Kids Day, but better.
Hong Kong! 
It's not his hometown, but that's his city!
My little baby has turned into a little boy!
First, we had a very decedent afternoon tea and shared a slice of molten chocolate Ferrero Rocher cake at the plush Isola in IFC.
I told Henry that he couldn't have any cake until he smiled for a photo.... 
It's amazing what a little bribery does 
Intense concentration required. He didn't realise that the molten chocolate part ended up on my side on the plate. Haha.
Then, we went and saw Hairy Maclary - based on the kids - books onstage. I thought it would be super fun because Henry's G-Mum has given him all the Hairy Maclary books for us to read together.

Waiting for the show to start. Super excited!
He certainly got into it, yelling out to the dogs onstage and participating in the show. It was so much fun to watch him getting involved.

Finally, we headed to Bowrington Street Cooked Food Market. Unfortunately we couldn't find a taxi and so, despite already being a little exhausted, the poor boy walked the 2km from the theatre to the market. That's a long way for such little legs at dinner time!
However it was worth it for what is possibly the best Canto food in town. Henry feasted on rice and I had some amazing seafood.
Total Chinese boy; washing his bowl and utensils in the tea.
Henry eating rice, the other stuff is for me. Haha! What a feast! 
We are going through a "no photo!" stage. 
Washing up after the day; I love going here, it reminds me of  being back in China.


No taxis anywhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment